Bahrian’s Shia Population conitinue their Protest amid Brutal Crack down by Al Khalifa Forces
Regime forces fired tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters during their demonstrations in Sitra on Friday.
Overnight protests were also staged in several villages, including Na’eem, Al-Eker and Karabnah calling for the downfall of the Al Khalifa regime.
The Bahraini protesters expressed solidarity with the imprisoned Saudi cleric Sheikh Nemr al-Nemr and demanded that the activist be freed without delay.
Anti-regime protests in Bahrain continue despite the heavy-handed crackdown by the regime forces.
Bahraini demonstrators hold King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa responsible for the killing of the protesters during the uprising that began in February 2011.
Since mid-February 2011, thousands of anti-government protesters have been staging regular demonstrations in the streets of Bahrain, calling for the Al Khalifa royal family to relinquish power.
On March 14, 2011, troops from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates invaded the country to assist the Bahraini government in its crackdown on the peaceful protesters.
According to local sources, scores of people have been killed and hundreds arrested in the crackdown.
Physicians for Human Rights says doctors and nurses have been detained, tortured, or disappeared because they have “evidence of atrocities committed by the authorities, security forces, and riot police” in the crackdown on anti-government protesters.
- Al Khalifa Regime jails Shia Female activist Zainab al-Khawaja over protest (jafrianews.com)
- Bahraini protesters clash with police after rally ban, police fire tear gas on thousands of protesters (jafrianews.com)
- Tortured and Jailed by Ale Saud, Shia Cleric Nemr Al Nemr starts Hunger Strike (jafrianews.com)
- Al Khalifa Regime’s Brutal Crackdown on Peaceful Shia Protesters (jafrianews.com)
- Iran Officially Condemn the Crack Down on the Bahraini Protesters and the Dream of Unifying the Persian Gulf States (jafrianews.com)
- Saudi Backed Bahraini Dictator Al Khalifa’s Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Shia Protesters (jafrianews.com)