JNN 15 May 2011 : Saudi armored vehicles have entered the Bahraini city of Sitra, shortly after new videos surfaced of atrocities committed by Saudi-backed Bahraini forces in the Persian Gulf island nation
On Saturday, Saudi Arabian tanks rolled onto the streets of Sitra, an island south of the capital Manama, in a move meant to intimidate protesters who have been demanding the ouster of the Al Khalifa royal family, correspondent reported.
Earlier in the week, newly released footage showed a major mosque in the city of Diraz had been vandalized by Saudi-backed Bahraini forces.
On Thursday, the troops attacked the Imam Sadeq Mosque — a major mosque of the Persian Gulf state — desecrating the Holy Qur’an and damaging electronic devices.
The attack was the latest of dozens of raids carried out by Bahraini government forces targeting mosques, schools, holy sites, and even graves as part of its crackdown on protesters.
Thousands of anti-government protesters have been staging demonstrations on Bahrain’s streets since February, demanding that the Al Khalifa dynasty relinquish power.
Bahraini regime forces, backed by Saudi army troops and mercenaries, have killed protesters and abducted hundreds of people, including journalists and opposition figures as well as doctors and nurses.
On May 14, Richard Sollom a Physicians for Human Rights told Press TV that the Bahraini regime is systematically targeting doctors because they possess evidence that the Bahraini government’s crackdown on protesters has been extremely heavy-handed.
- Bahraini protesters Slams Ale Saud’s military intervention in their country
- Wahabi Al Khalifa’s raising down Mosques , suspends Civil Servant , Protesters on the Record Breaking Hunger Strike
- Anti Islam Bahraini Govt razed 28 Mosques and 50 Imambargahs
- Ex Shia Bahraini MP embraced Martydom by the torture of Al Khalifa forces , while Ale Saud have send more troops to further crush the Revolution
- Ale Saud Denying Permission to its Shia Citizens to visit Bahrain