On Monday, the demonstrators denounced Riyadh’s interference in Yemen’s internal affairs as Saleh continues to receive treatment in Saudi Arabia for the injuries he received in an attack on the presidential palace on June 3, a Press TV correspondent reported.
Thousands of men and women took to the streets of Taizz, carrying banners reading “No to Saudi interference.”
“God is the Greatest,” “Down with America,” “Down with Israel” and “Victory for Islam,” the demonstrators shouted.
They also called for the creation of an interim ruling council to transfer power to the people.
Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have turned out for regular demonstrations in the country’s major cities since January, calling for an end to corruption and unemployment and demanding the ouster of Saleh, who has been in power since 1978.
Local media said a mission sent by the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has landed in the capital, Sana’a, on Tuesday after the UN Security Council last week expressed “grave concern” over the violence in Yemen.
Demonstrators also demand the trial of Saleh for murdering hundreds of Yemenis during the regime’s crackdown on the protests.
Yemeni protesters have told the Saudi government to stop its efforts to obstruct their revolution.
Riyadh recently claimed that al-Qaeda militants may try to take advantage of the situation if the Yemenis continue to hold demonstrations.
Foreign intervention has been condemned by thousands of Yemenis during demonstrations across the country over the past few weeks.