JNN 27 Sept 2011 TEHRAN – The Bahraini foreign minister has called on Iran to help resolve the problems gripping his country.
Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa made the remarks during a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi held in New York late on Monday.
The Bahraini foreign minister had requested the meeting.
During the meeting, Khalid expressed dissatisfaction with the fact that Iran and Bahrain do not currently have ambassadors to each other’s country and said he is keen that the ambassadors resume their activities.
He also said that dissension among Muslim nations in the region is unacceptable.
On the fact that a number of countries have expressed serious concern over the situation in Bahrain, Khalid said, “We have established a fact-finding committee chaired by Mr. (Mahmoud Cherif) Bassiouni, (an international United Nations war crimes expert), which will announce the result of its investigation by October, and we will accept the result and will act accordingly.”
The Iranian foreign minister said that the Islamic Republic has adopted a clear stance on the developments occurring in the region, does not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries, and respects their national sovereignty.
Salehi also said, “Iran believes that the only solution to problems facing Bahrain is practicing restraint and holding dialogue between the Bahraini officials and the people of the country.”
- BAHRAIN TORN APART BY THE INJUSTICES OF WAHABI AL KHALIFA & SAUDI RULERS
- U.S. DOUBLE STANDARDS ON THE MIDDLE EASTERN REVOLUTIONS
- BAHRAIN’S KING SEEKS IRAN’S INTERVENTION TO RESOLVE THE ONGOING CRISIS IN THE COUNTRY
- PROTEST IN ARABIA TO DENOUNCE THE ALE SAUD’S INVASION OF BAHRAIN
- EGYPT’S NEW REGIME TO HAVE DIPLOMATIC TIES WITH IRAN , BUT HARSH ON THE PREVIOUS GOVT LOOTERS AND PLUNDERERS
- SAUDI MONARCHY DIVIDING ARABS ON SECTARIAN BASIS , FANNING SECTARIANISM
- SUADI AND GCC FORCES VIOLATED PENINSULA SHIELD FORCE REGULATION IN INVASION OF BAHRAIN
- NEW EGYPT WANTS TO HAVE GOOD RELATIONS WITH IRAN
- IRAN URGES THE BAHRAINI DIPLOMAT TO LEAVE IRAN – TO PROTEST OVER CRACKDOWN ON ITS CITIZENS
- IRAN FORIEGN MINISTRY SUMMONS BAHRAINI, SAUDI, SWISS ENVOYS
- IF SAUDI ARABIA INTERVENE IN BAHRAIN AFFAIRS, OPPOSITION WILL ASK HELP FROM IRAN