The high ranking Arab diplomat told AFP on condition of anonymity on Saturday that Saudi Arabia’s new military shipment for the terrorist of Syrian Gangs was on its way to Jordan.
The diplomat did not give further information about how the weapons would be delivered.
The announcement came as last week Syrian Information Minister Adnan Mahmoud said that Saudi Arabia and Qatar were backing “armed terrorist gangs” operating in Syria and are therefore responsible for the bloodshed in the country.
“Some of the countries backing armed terrorist gangs, such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar, are accomplices to the terrorism targeting the Syrian people … and bear responsibility for the bloodletting,” the minister said.
The charges were renewed on Syrian state television on Saturday after two huge bombs exploded in central Damascus, killing at least 27 people and wounding nearly 100 others.
“Saudi Arabia is sending us terrorists,” said a resident of the bombed region on Syrian television.
The delivery of military equipment to Syrian rebels comes as Syria has been experiencing unrest since mid-March 2011.
The West and the Syrian opposition blame Damascus for the year-long turmoil, but the government says “terrorists” are responsible for the unrest, which it says is being orchestrated from abroad.
The Syrian president said on February 20 that “some foreign countries” are fueling the turmoil in Syria by supporting and funding “armed terrorist groups fighting against the government.”