JNN 16 Dec 2013 Lahore : Shia cleric Allama Nasir Abbas of Multan was Targetted and Martyred by Terrorist of Sipah e Sahaba Pakistan on Sunday night. He belonged to the Tehreek-i-Nifaz-i-Fiqh Jafaria (TNFJ).
He was going to his residence after attending a Majlis at Qaumi Markaz, Shah Jamal at around 11 pm when armed motorcycles intercepted his vehicle near FC College Underpass and opened fire.
Abbas was seriously injured in the attack and was taken to Shaikh Zayed Hospital where was pronounced dead.Doctors at Shaikh Zaid Hospital said Abbas was shot in the head and neck, and was dead on arrival.
Model Town SP (Operations) Tariq Aziz quoted witnesses as saying that Allama Nasir Abbas and his student Hafiz Anjum were going to his Eden Value Homes residence near Thokar when assailants on motorcycles intercepted their car and opened fire. The student and Allama’s driver escaped unhurt, the SP said, adding that the gunmen escaped.
Following Allama Nasir’s murder, a large number of his followers reached Shaikh Zayed Hospital. Expressing their anger, they chanted slogans against the government and and Protested against the Acceleration in the Target Killing & the Total failure of the Punjab Government. They further demanded that the body be handed over to them. After receiving the body, the protestors marched towards the Governor House.
The attack on the leader triggered widespread protests across the city.
Police officers inspected the site of incident and supervised the collection of forensic evidence. In the hospital, they recorded the statements of the survivors. Large contingents of police were at the crime scene and at the hospital till late in the night.
Allama Nasir Abbas, 42, has left behind six daughters and a son.
Condemning the killing of Shia cleric, Majlis-i-Wahdatul Muslimeen has announced three days of mourning. A spokesman of Majlis Wahadatul Musalameen said that the government has failed to stop sectarian targeted killings. Hamid Ali Moosvi of TNFJ condemning the killing, demanded immidiate arrest of the killers. He said attackers cannot stop them from their mission.
- Shia Target Killing intensifies as Muharram apporches , 20 Men including 2 Doctors embraced Martyrdom due to TTP Terrorist firing (jafrianews.com)
- 3 Shia Men including MWM’s Leader Assasinated By Target Killing of TTP Terrorist in Karachi , Pakistan (jafrianews.com)
- No Negotiations Or Under cover Concessions to the Terrorist Taliban – MWM’s Difa e Watan Convention’s Declaration (jafrianews.com)
- 9 Killed 48 Injured in Twin Blasts in a Shia Neighborhood of Karachi , Pakistan (jafrianews.com)
- 3 Shia Men Martyred By TTP Terrorist Firing on 2 Imambargahs at Fajr Prayers in Gujranwala (jafrianews.com)