JNN 14 Apr 2015 Sana’a : According to the source, the Saudi fighter jets late on Monday staged massive bombing raids on a Sunni-teaching school in the city of Ma’rib, located about 120 kilometers (74 miles) East of the capital Sana’a.
There has been no report on the exact number of the casualties, but the source said the raids claimed the lives of dozens of schoolgirls.
More than 2265 housing units have been totally destroyed or severely damaged in the Saudi bombing raids across Yemen, a Yemeni military official said.
“Saudi attacks have left over 2265 housing units totally demolished,” the Yemeni army Spokesperson Colonel Sharaf Luqman said in a press conference on Monday.
He said that his country will give a crushing response to the Saudi attacks in coming days.
“We advise the Saudi monarchy to stop these airstrikes. Riyadh should await the dire consequences of its aggression,” Luqman added.
“The US is with Saudi Arabia, but God is with the Yemenis,” he said.
He stressed that “the Yemeni people will fight to the last drop of their blood to safeguard the sovereignty and independence of their country”.
The spokesperson said that the Saudi regime is the main backer of all terrorist groups particularly al-Qaeda militants in the region.
Luqman also said that more than 214 women, including five pregnant ones, have been killed since the start of the Saudi attacks.
Saudi Arabia started its unauthorized aerial bombardments on Yemen on March 26. The Saudi-led attacks have drawn international criticism after claiming the lives of at least 2500 people, mostly women and children, and razing thousands of housing units to the ground.
Also, thousands of people have been injured during the attacks as the Saudi offensive enters its 20th consecutive day.
Some western countries, including the US, have backed the Saudi aggression despite international calls for a swift halt to the attacks.
Yemeni Tribes Kill 18 Saudi Soldiers , Regain Control of Saudi Military Site
The tribe killed and injured at least 18 Saudi soldiers in a retaliatory attack, the Arabic-language Yemeni press website quoted security sources as saying.
The tribe also managed to regain control over the military site in Saudi Arabia near Yemen’s Baqem district in Saada governorate on Saturday, according to the sources.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 18 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed 1026 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Five Persian Gulf States — Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait — and Egypt that are also assisted by Israel and backed by the US declared war on Yemen in a joint statement issued on March 26.
US President Barack Obama authorized the provision of logistical and intelligence support to the military operations, National Security Council Spokesperson Bernadette Meehan said late on March 25.
She added that while US forces were not taking direct military action in Yemen, Washington was establishing a Joint Planning Cell with Saudi Arabia to coordinate US military and intelligence support.