Yemeni Troops Launch Retaliatory Attacks on Saudi Border Cities – Saudi Jets Mistakenly Bomb Pro Hadi Targets


Yemeni troops start Retaliatory attack on Saudi Border CitiesJNN 04 June 2015 Sanaa :  The Yemeni army, backed by popular forces, launched a series of new attacks against four Saudi border cities in retaliation for Riyadh’s ongoing bombardments against the Arab country.

The Saudi military posts in the areas of Jabal al ‘Amud, Khalaf al-Rami, al-Ain al-Harith, and al-Mustaqim were heavily targeted by Yemeni rockets and mortar rounds.

The Attacks came after the kingdom’s military carried out artillery and rocket attacks against several border regions in Yemen on Friday, claiming the lives of dozens of people.

This is while Riyadh’s bombers also continued their aggression against Yemen on Saturday and targeted residential areas in Sana’a.

On Friday, Saudi warplanes pounded residential areas in Sana’a and killed seven people.

Also, at least 12 civilians, including 6 kids, were killed on Friday after the Saudi jets hit residential areas in the province of Hajjah.

Saudi Jet Pilots Mistakenly Bomb Pro Hadi Forces

Mohamed Ayash, head of al-Jawf province’s information office, said that Saudi warplanes mistakenly hit two vehicles belonging to pro-Hadi forces, leaving 6 militias injured.

Back in April, the Saudi warplanes mistakenly hit a building during friendly drills in a village in the monarchy’s Southwestern region near the border with Yemen, and left several of their own soldiers wounded.

Saudi Arabia has very few military pilots and normally uses foreign pilots, mainly from Pakistan and Egypt. Yet, the Saudi-led coalition fighter jets have several times missed their targets since the start of Riyadh’s military aggression against Yemen or targeted friendly troops.

Later in the same month, the Saudi pilots hit a derelict mountain miles away from their target that was a military base in Sa’ada.

Thomas W. Lippman, Washington-based author, in an article published by the Middle East Institute on March 27 said, “…they (Saudi troops) could simply fail. That would be a spectacular embarrassment, and it can’t be ruled out because the Saudi armed forces have minimal combat experience.”

Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen in the last 66 days to bring its ally, fugitive president Mansour Hadi, back to power.

The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 4,132 civilians, mostly women and children.

According to a recent report by Freedom House Foundation, most of the victims of the deadly Al Saud campaign are civilians, including a large number of women and children.

Thousands of residential buildings have been destroyed, and hundreds of civil and public facilities were reduced to rubble as a result of the bombardments by Saudi warplanes on the Yemeni cities and towns, the group said.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s